Please read ALL
requirements and instructions before proceeding with the application process.
It's really easy! All you need to do is go to the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation's
website and follow the instructions. Our system was designed to make it possible for you to apply for
or renew your license or permit quickly and easily - without complicated instructions.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN:
- For best results, we recommend using the most recent version to access the electronic licensing
programs. You can update your browser at no additional cost by visiting our
browser information section.
- Please have the data card with your registration number in hand.
- When you go online, you will create a password by identifying yourself with certain personal information.
Then, with this password and your registration number, you will be able to apply for a license, renew, or
update your registration record at your convenience with a password unique and more memorable to you.
- Employers need to have their Workers Compensation Policy Number and Insurance Company's name at hand to
complete the renewal forms.
- Firms may not renew until the firm's responsible licensee has renewed.
- Firms may not cover all employees' renewal fees with one charge transaction, but may must do so with
- When you receive your credit card statement, the charge for renewing on-line will be shown as "MD Dept.
- We are collecting your e-mail addresses for Board use in order to facilitate our communication with you.
TO RENEW YOUR LICENSE OR PERMIT:
- Go to the DLLR Electronic Licensing links
provided at the top of this page. Click on the appropriate activity.
- Highlight your license category from the pull-down box, and enter your registration number exactly as
it appears on the data card. Follow the instructions to create your password, or to use your previously
- When you submit your application, if you fail to complete any required items on the application
screens or enter invalid data (e.g.: an invalid date), you will be presented with an error message. Use
your browser's "back" button to return to previous screens to correct the missing or invalid information.
- Before submitting your credit card information, it is advisable to review your application. You may
review previous screens by using your browser's "back" and "forward" buttons.
- When confirmation is received that the transaction has been completed, PRINT the confirmation
screen for your records.