As required by law,
- To qualify for renewal of a certificate under this subtitle, a certificate holder shall earn
during each 2-year certificate term at least one continuing education unit in two or more courses
that the Board approves.
- A continuing education unit consists of 10 hours of study.
- Of the 10 hours of required CEU, one hour must focus on principles of green (sustainable)
design, defined in
COMAR 09.18.03 as follows:
"[T]he design process that utilizes an integrated approach aimed at:
- The conservation of energy, water, and raw material resources;
- The prevention of environmental degradation; and
- The overall creation of healthy, livable, and productive environments."
Your green design course must be approved by both
IDCEC and the U.S. Green Building Council.
Approved Continuing Education Courses
All continuing education courses must be approved by the Board -
Continuing Education Submittal Instructions.
To confirm if a course not listed is available for Maryland
CEU please contact the Board at 410-230-6322, or