- On June 27, 2006, the Commissioner of Labor and Industry adopted Amendments to
Regulation .05 under COMAR 09.12.20 Occupational
Safety and Health. This action, which was proposed for adoption
in 33:10 Md. R. 894 - 895 (May 12, 2006), has been adopted as
proposed. This action was recommended to the Commissioner of
Labor and Industry by the Maryland Occupational Safety and Health
Advisory Board pursuant to meeting held on January 4, 2006,
notice of which was given in accordance with State Government
Article, §10-506(c), Annotated Code of Maryland.
- MOSH Compliance and Consultation Supervisors shall ensure that all Compliance
Officers are trained on the contents of this notice.
.05 Protection of Employees under §5-604 of the Act.
A. - C. (text unchanged)
D. Complaints. With regard to §5-604 of the Act, a "complaint under or related
to this title" includes but is not limited to:
(1) A request for inspection under §5-209;
(2) Complaints regarding conditions at the workplace registered with the Commissioner,
with a federal, State, a local agency with the authority regarding
occupational safety and health conditions, or with such an agency
that the employee, in good faith, believes has authority regarding
occupational safety and health conditions; and
(3) Complaints regarding conditions at the workplace made in good faith to
an employer, management supervisor, or other employee serving
in a supervisory capacity.
cc: J. Ronald DeJuliis, Commissioner, Division of Labor and Industry
Craig D. Lowry, Deputy Commissioner, Division of Labor and Industry
Jonathan R. Krasnoff, Deputy Counsel, Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
Office of Administrative Hearings