How to Sponsor a Program - Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Program (MATP)
If you have any changes or program updates you need to inform Maryland Apprenticeship and Training about, please e-mail email@example.com. Contact information especially is important to keep up to date; e-mail address, contact person, mailing address and phone number changes should all be sent to Maryland Apprenticeship and Training in order to help our department service your program better.
Register a New Program—The Requirements
In order to register a training program with Maryland Apprenticeship and Training be sure the program will meet the following requirements:
- Training in a registered occupation. Please contact us if your occupation is not listed and you would like to begin an apprenticeship program.
- Skills learned from training are transferable throughout the industry and are not limited to a specific organization alone.
- Provide 144 hours of related classroom instruction and 2,000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Provide a progressive wage scale, starting at a percentage the journeyperson's rate with incremental increases to reflect the new skills the apprentice has attained.
- Contact Maryland Apprenticeship and Training to discuss registering a program and to schedule a site visit with an Apprenticeship and Training Representative to begin the registration process. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-2246.
- Complete all registration documents with an Apprenticeship and Training Representative.
- Attend the Apprenticeship and Training Council meeting where your registration request will be decided.
- Maintain program and records to remain compliant to the Maryland Regulations regarding apprenticeship.
For additional information, contact:
Division of Labor and Industry
Maryland Apprenticeship and Training Program
1100 N. Eutaw Street - Room 606
Baltimore, MD 21201