Download this poster (PDF document,
Adobe Acrobat for free)
A Change in Filing Your Unemployment Insurance Continued Claims
and Receiving Your Benefit Payments in 4 Easy Steps
- Watch for the date of the change.
File your weekly certification.
- On September 26, 2013, the Maryland Division of Unemployment Insurance will begin
phasing in a change from biweekly continued claim filing
(Telecert or Webcert) to weekly
continued claim filing.
- Weekly claim certifications will continue to be filed through the Telecert or Webcert
- The first biweekly claim you file on or after September 26, 2013, will place you into a
weekly claim certification cycle.
- Once this happens, you will begin filing on a weekly basis.
- The Telecert or Webcert system will provide the next available single week for you to file.
You will continue to file one week at a time for as long as you are requesting unemployment
Examples and More Information
- Watch your filing dates each week after September 26th.
Wait for your weekly benefits to arrive.
- You cannot file for a week of benefits until the week ends.
All weeks end at midnight on Saturday.
- Sunday is the first day you can file for the week that has just ended.
- You can file a weekly claim certification for the prior week any time beginning at 12:01
am Sunday through 5:00pm Friday (EST). If you do not file your weekly claim on time,
you may be denied benefits.
- As a result of this change to weekly claim certification filing, you will also receive your
unemployment insurance payments on a weekly basis, if otherwise eligible.
- Payment is normally available on your debit card between 1:00pm
(EST) and 5:00pm (EST) the next business day after the payment is issued. You can access this information
on both the Telecert and Webcert applications.
- You should contact an Unemployment Claim Center or the Claimant
Information Service ONLY if your payment has not been issued.
Versión en Español